By purchasing tickets to the Worcester Art Museum you confirm that:
- You have not been in close contact or cared for someone diagnosed with COVID-19 within the last 14 days.
- You do not have any symptoms associated with COVID-19, including but not limited to cough, fever, chills, sore throat, difficulty breathing, or loss of taste and smell.
- You are abiding by Massachusetts' Travel Order. Please see MA Travel Order for more information.
- You understand that masks or face coverings (age 5 and over) are required for entry, as well as keeping a safe social distance during your visit.
- The Worcester Art Museum may photograph or videotape visitors for educational and promotional purposes. Attendance on Museum property is implied consent for the use of visitors' likenesses for marketing purposes, unless Museum staff is informed otherwise.
- I’m a Member. Do I need a timed ticket?
Yes. Every visitor—including Members, Donors and Business Partners—must purchase or reserve a timed ticket online, in advance. A ticket will be required for admission to the Museum.
- I’m a Member. Can I bring a guest?
Members may bring guests based on their membership level up to a maximum party size of five.
- Can I get a ticket in person on the day?
At this time, every visitor must obtain a timed ticket online, in advance.
- How long can I stay at the Museum?
Visitors can stay as long as they like up until closing time; however, we ask that you arrive at the time of your purchased or reserved ticket.
- Can I book a group visit?
Group visits cannot be accommodated at this time.
- Where do I enter the building?
All visitors to the Museum must enter and exit through the Salisbury Street Entrance, which is fully accessible. Please note that no more than five people may enter the Museum at the same time.
Please visit our FAQ page for information about hygiene, safety, and Museum spaces.